Welcome to the launch of Sifchain's Beta Network! This page will be a reference point for everything you need to know about our BetaNet. This will continuously evolve as we iterate our network.
Sifchain has been proactive, and taken the necessary security measures to ensure the protection of funds, assets, and investments by Sifchain users. By leveraging best practices in security processes, and implementing tools that detect, prevent, and monitor any breach of data or funds, you can be assured that all precautions have been established to minimize risk. Audit reports are here. A list of the measures taken by Sifchain are outlined below:
- Halborn, a cybersecurity team focused on blockchain and smart contract security, has been engaged to assist with all aspects of security, from penetration testing, to incident response, to hardening of architecture, and has produced multiple audit reports.
- Solidified and Cryptonics also produced audit reports. These teams were isolated from development and focused solely on auditing to provide an independent evaluation of Sifchain's implementation.
- Bug bounty program via HackerOne to have crowdsourced programs to find vulnerabilities in our websites and endpoints.
- Security training and awareness is communicated to all employees through onboarding, and slack channel communications.
- Internal team dedicated to secure development and testing.
- Cloudflare Protection to prevent Denial of Services impacting availability, and to block front end public-facing websites.
- Source code scanning of all applications.
- Dependabot detection of open source vulnerabilities in code libraries.
- Cloud infrastructure monitoring, with access tracking and logging.
- Cloud infrastructure hardening, including locking down network ports, vulnerability scanning, and security access lockdown.
- Two-factor authentication into any secured system.
- Sifchain and protocol auditing on all components, including Relayers, Balancers, Sifnodes, and Cosmos/Tendermint protocols.
- Penetration Testing performed by ethical hacking team, Halborn, on all software, networks, and systems before deploying into production.
- Multiple smart contract audits.
- Version control, disaster recovery, and continuous deployment practices to maintain security and integrity.
We have created our Sifchain DEX UI to be an extremely user-friendly interface for people to interact with while engaging in the Sifchain network. Users will be able to easily execute token swaps, add to liquidity pools, and use Peggy through this interface. Users will be able to utilize wallets such as Metamask and Keplr for Sifchain. Our goal is to make everything easy and interoperable.
We have enabled users to transfer assets between Ethereum and Sifchain through a non-IBC (Inter-Blockchain Communication) permissioned version of Peggy. Users will be able to freely utilize those assets in the Sifchain network while performing swaps and adding to liquidity pools. If users are finished utilizing these assets, they are free to use Peggy to move them back into Ethereum.
We have enabled users to stake a node as a validator, earning rewards and charging fees for securing the Sifchain network. If a user lacks the technical resources or knowledge to stake a node, they can simply delegate to existing validators to earn rewards.